UKAOS Secretariat to be agreed
The UK Acute Oncology Society (UKAOS) is committed to protecting your privacy and meeting the requirements of data protection legislation.
When UKAOS talks about 'personal data' in this policy, it means any information which may be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly when combined with any other information UKAOS may hold about you.
The Secretariat is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 under the Information Commissioner's Office registration number: Z9368761.
Personal data collected by UKAOS
UKAOS holds the following personal information:
- Personal data that you provide to us
We store personal data you provide directly to us through your registration/membership application and throughout the length of your membership, which includes registration for meetings, enquiries, preferences provided and attendance at meetings.
- Personal data we collect about you
UKAOS stores personal data that it collects about you when you interact with us. These include things such as applications for registration/membership, registration for meetings and general enquiries. UKAOS may also hold on file information which is in the public domain, where appropriate.
UKAOS Executive Committee:
Officers/Trustees: Dr Ernie Marshall (Chair), Dr Hilary Williams (Treasurer), Dr Caroline Wilson (Secretary), Dr Claire Mitchell (Education Secretary), Naomi Clatworthy (External Communications Secretary), Philippa Jones (Membership Secretary)
Secretariat: to be agreed
Reasons for collecting that personal data
UKAOS collects and stores personal data in order to provide you with membership-related services, such as access to the website and attendance at our meetings, on the basis of performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract such as in the application for membership or renewal of membership.
UKAOS has contractual interests for processing your data which include:
- collecting and storing information for research purposes in line with the UKAOS’s purposes
- processing information in order to provide members with information about acute oncology news and meetings and services available as part of their membership
Who UKAOS shares your personal data with
UKAOS may share your personal data with the following types of organisations when required:
- printing firms within the UK, in order to provide printed documents necessary for our meetings, such as delegate lists, seating plans for events and similar
- on occasion: mailing houses within the UK, in order to post out information to you
- the providers of the IT systems used by the Secretariat
UKAOS will only provide your personal information, such as name, specialty and location of work. Contact information will only be shared upon prior consent from you. However, members should be reminded that they may have given permission upon signing up as a member for their data to be shared with other members via the UKAOS website. Members can manage their preferences on this at any time by completeing a contact form
Receiving communications from UKAOS and updating your preferences
Members receive emails from UKAOS about events and projects that UKAOS thinks may be of interest to them as a benefit of being a member of UKAOS. Members are able to update their contact preferences by completeing a contact form
UKAOS may also send email communications to non-members whose personal details UKAOS has received through interest in or attendance at one of our meetings. UKAOS will only contact them with their consent and they can opt out of future communications at any time by completeing a contact form
Retention of personal data
UKAOS retains personal data for no longer than required in line with:
- UKAOS’s purpose
- operational requirements
- legislative requirements.
Personal data and your rights
Data protection legislation gives you the right to:
- correct any data we hold about you that is not correct (Rectification)
- request we delete data in some circumstances (Erasure)
- block or suppress the further processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (Restriction)
- request access to personal data that UKAOS holds about you (Subject Access)
- in some circumstances, receive the personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have this transmitted to another data controller (Data Portability)
- withdraw consent for processing your data
- Please contact at UKAOS@media1productions.co.uk if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to personal data. If you have concerns about the way UKAOS has handled your personal data please contact UKAOS in the first instance. If you remain unsatisfied you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.